Friday 17 July 2015

Slander, on Hunter!

The Testing of Archie Rathbone - FREE on Amazon, Day 1 of 5


It’s me again – G. Slander Esquire (Literary Agent and Publicist to the despised Alex Hunter).

In a half-hearted though necessary attempt to promote my employer’s worthless book (apparently and inexplicably, a prerequisite for my being paid), I suppose I’d better point out that his novel (The Testing of Archie Rathbone) is free today (day one of five) on Amazon.

A doubtless wise person once said, “A fool and his money are easily parted”. Leaving aside the implication (by omission at least) that this is a flaw that doesn’t afflict women, I’m pleased to be able to put at ease those amongst you whom my employer has conned, or is in danger of conning into downloading his loathsome novel over this five day period – as it’s free, you’re in the clear!

I had a meeting with Hunter yesterday, (one in which he politely explained that I wouldn’t get a penny from him unless, as he put it, ‘I get up off my lazy a#se and earn it’). He was keen to consult me on various matters relating to his publication – did I think the blurb could be improved, would there be any merit in redesigning the cover, how did I think he could add value to his great work of fiction? I did make one suggestion – that if he really wanted the general public to see the true value of his work then he should have it printed instead of taking the ebook approach, preferably on a roll of strong but absorbent paper with perforations. Unfortunately, at this point I was obliged to beat a hasty retreat…

Gerald Slander

No comments:

Post a Comment